When you have what seems like thousands of emails to respond to, clients to call, and projects to finish, do you feel like you can rely on your assistant to help you? Many business owners underestimate the importance of the role. It’s a very strategic role if it’s done correctly and can save business owners a lot of time and stress. We have come up with the 6 characteristics that we believe your assistant should posses:
1) Organized- They can keep track of everything that is going on in your schedule as well as their own schedule. They are detail oriented and their organization is what helps makes the company run smoothly.
2) Forward Thinker – They foresee problems that may arise and are able to fix them proactively. As a result, you won’t have to waste time dealing with the issue later.
3) Communicator – They aren’t afraid to ask for help when they have a question. They can also communicate with a variety of people, from clients to executives, in a friendly and effective manner.
4) Willing to be “The Hub” – They know you, and others, will rely on them to help with a number of tasks on any given day. They are comfortable being behind the scenes to ensure that everything runs smoothly, but are also willing to step up when necessary.
5) Task Master – They possess the unique ability to help you manage your tasks and projects on a day-to-day basis. At the same time, they are tracking their own tasks to ensure things don’t slip through the cracks.
6) Juggler – They deal with shifting priorities masterfully and are willing to jump in wherever they’re needed. They aren’t rattled by frequent interruptions in their day; instead, they continue to focus on the next task at hand.
Even if you manage your daily tasks and schedule on your own, hiring a good assistant that possesses these qualities will free up time for you to focus on growing your business and maximizing your productivity.
Does your assistant possess any other good qualities that help you out? Share with us in the comments below!