As you saw in our previous blog this month, Elizabeth Bowman is an expert at traveling. For those of you accustomed to throwing clothes into a suitcase hours before your trip, here are some great packing tips to help you out!
What are your best tips for traveling?
- Ensure that you have travel size shampoo/conditioner/etc. for your 3-oz. bag going through security. It’s better to bring multiple small bottles than one larger one because you can throw them out once empty, making your load lighter.
- Pack extra Ziploc bags, in case anything gets wet or damaged.
- Never worry about packing your hair dryer—every hotel in the world has one. But I love hot appliance bags so I can pack my straightener/curler while it’s still hot!
- If traveling internationally, make sure you have power adapters.
- I love using Grid-it organizers for holding all of my chargers.
- Bring a virtual notebook with all of your travel info—rental car confirmation, flight and hotel information, pre-booked activities, and any tourist stuff you want to do.
- No matter the length of your trip, always unpack your suitcase! Living out of it makes you feel disorganized (especially for me, since everything is packed so tightly in my carry-on). Even on a 2 night stay, I unpack my bag.
Got any of your own special packing tips? Share them with us!